Escaping to the Gold Coast for the school holidays? Let us take care of you and your family at Mercure Gold Coast Resort, our Family Package makes sure your Gold Coast accommodation and dining is covered. Matched with our close proximity to many Gold Coast fun and family friendly activities, means you enjoy the best of the Coast.* Whether you are looking for thrills or something more tranquil, our Chief of Concierge has created his top 5 what’s on on the Gold Coast within 30 minutes drive of the Mercure Gold Coast Resort:
- The kids can cuddle up to a koala at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and explore The Lost Valley! Entry is ticketed but includes many complimentary encounters such as the Free Flight Bird Show, as well as pre-booked encounters to enjoy the company of a dingo, echidna or maybe even a cotton-top tamarin. The children will enjoy the sanctuary with all the fun animal interactions with only a 15 minute return drive to the resort.
- If chasing waterfalls is on the agenda don’t miss out on Springbrook National Park or Mount Tamborine, approximately 30 minute drive from Mercure Gold Coast Resort. Stroll along your pick of nature walks ranging in suitability for all ages and athletic ability. The Natural Bridge is the perfect trail to do with young children, toilets are close by with picnic areas to enjoy your lunch. There are several waterfall trails and creeks nearby to enjoy a refreshing fresh water in the balmy Gold Coast weather.
- With whale watching season in full swing between May to November, enjoy a day out on the water. With Whale Watching cruises seeking out humpback whales daily, or maybe it’s time to take the plunge and learn to surf? Either way there is plenty of water activities for all ages.
- With 70 kms of golden-sand coastlines you’ll certainly find the perfect spot to build sand castles, swim and enjoy the best of the Gold Coast Beaches. Main Beach is closest to the resort and close proximity to cafes and shops but if you’re missing your fur baby take a drive to The Spit, you’ll be able to enjoy some of the best fish and chips on the Gold Coast and cuddle up to plenty of furry friends.
- Drop in to Australia’s biggest permanent markets, Carrara Markets. Home of all discount shopping and just a short two minute drive from the resort for you and the family to enjoy. It’s not just shopping though with plenty of child friendly activities including face painting, pony rides and more!
Not to mention Topgolf, Warner Brother’s Movie World, Wet n Wild, Sea World and Dreamworld are all a close 30 minute drive from the resort with transfers available for those travelling without a car (bookings essential, please check pricing with concierge).
If it’s a day relaxing around the resort, wade in one of our two outdoor swimming pools, indulge in food and beverage service to your room, poolside or in the restaurant and if you need to pop out we are just a short 10 minute drive from the hustle and bustle of Surfer’s Paradise, perfect for families with young children and teenagers.
We look forward to welcoming you and the family to Mercure Gold Coast Resort.
*The Family Package includes buffet breakfast for two adults and two children. The kids will enjoy lunch and dinner daily from the children's menu, treated with a welcome gift, daily treat and a complimentary daily in-room kids movie, not to mention complimentary car parking. Subject to availability